The American West Center entered into a partnership with the Utah Division of Indian Affairs to develop and produce teaching guides and lesson plans for teaching the history, culture, and current issues of Utah's American Indian tribes in the fourth, seventh, and eleventh grades. The Utah Indian Curriculum Project was also developed in collaboration with KUED-TV, which, in the spring of 2009 aired We Shall Remain: A Native History of Utah, a five-part documentary series focusing on the stories and ways of the Ute, Paiute, Northwestern Shoshone, Goshute, and Navajo people. The teaching guides and companion website integrate the We Shall Remain programs into age-appropriate classroom learning tools and offer an American Indian perspective on historical events and contemporary issues in Utah. For more information on this project please contact the Center.
- "American West Center, KUED Collaborate on Major Curriculum Project for Utah Schools"
- "We Shall Remain: Bringing Utah's Native History to Life," FYI: News for Faculty and Staff, 2009
- "For Everyone in Utah,This is Our Story," Salt Lake Tribune, April 10, 2009.
- "American Indians focus of new Utah curriculm," Deseret News, September 30, 2009.
- The Utah Indian Curriculum Project and Utah American Indian Digital Archive at UtahIndians.org